Add a big bowl of this Bacon Broccoli Tortellini Salad to your holiday picnic plans. The creamy homemade dressing, meats, and veggies make this easy pasta salad a hit with everyone.
One tip to remember when making this bacon broccoli tortellini salad is to stir the dressing into the veggies and pasta right before serving. Since this recipe doesn’t call for a lot of dressing, your pasta will soak it up if you make the salad ahead of time or if you refrigerate it overnight.
Just whisk together your dressing ingredients and chill them in a separate bowl from the rest of the ingredients. When you are ready to eat, add the dressing and give it a stir.
The ingredients of Bacon Broccoli Tortellini Salad:
- 1 – 19 ounce bag frozen tortellini
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 12 ounces smoked sausage, cut into slices
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook the bag of tortellini according to the package directions. Drain, rinse in cold water, and chill.
- Stir together the broccoli, bacon, cabbage, sausage, and cheese in a large bowl. Add the cooled pasta. Cover and refrigerate.
- Whisk together the mayo, sour cream, vinegar, and honey. Chill the dressing until time to eat.
- Pour the dressing on the pasta salad and stir in right before serving.
*If you stir the dressing into the pasta salad and refrigerate it overnight, your pasta will soak up all the dressing. **If you want your pasta even creamier, whisk together an additional 1/4 cup mayo, 1/4 cup sour cream, 1 Tbsp. vinegar, & 1 Tbsp. honey.