There are many natural ingredients in your kitchen that can help remove the dead skin cells and give way to fresh and clear skin.
Here are the top best home remedies to get rid of dead skin cells.
The grainy texture of oatmeal works as a great natural exfoliating agent for all skin types. The saponins in it help remove dead skin cells, excess sebum and other impurities.
Plus, the vitamins and minerals in oatmeal are good for your skin, and the protein in it prevents water loss to keep your skin moisturized longer.
- Put 2 tablespoons of instant oatmeal into a bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of honey. Apply the paste on your face and massage using circular motions to scrub off the dead cells. Let is sit on your skin for another 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse it off with cool water, pat dry your skin and apply a light moisturizer.
- Another option is to mix 2 tablespoons of oatmeal, 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and a little water to make a paste. Gently rub this oatmeal scrub on your skin for a few minutes. Leave it on for another 10 minutes then rinse it off.
Repeat either of these remedies no more than once or twice a week. You can use these oatmeal scrubs on your face as well as body.
2. Sugar and Olive Oil
The combination of sugar and olive oil make a great scrub for all skin types. While the fine sugar particles help remove the dead skin cells, olive oil works as a great moisturizer for your skin.
This scrub can be used to exfoliate all body parts, including the lips.
- Thoroughly mix ½ cup of fine sugar and 2 to 3 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil.
- Add 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey and a little lemon juice to the mixture.
- Apply this mixture on your skin and rub it around using circular motions for a couple of minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water, then pat dry gently.
- Use this sugar scrub once or twice a week.
3. Green Tea
If you drink green tea for health reasons, you can get double duty from it by recycling the used tea bags into a great homemade skin scrub.
The slightly rough texture of green tea leaves can help exfoliate your skin to remove dead skin cells, dirt and other impurities. Moreover, green tea enhances skin complexion, improves skin elasticity and makes your skin healthy.
- Scoop out the the contents of 1 or 2 used green tea bags into a bowl and add 2 to 3 teaspoons of honey.
- Optionally, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda.
- Mix the ingredients thoroughly to make a thick paste.
- Spread the mixture all over your face.
- Leave the mask on for 10 minutes.
- Gently scrub off the mask using wet fingers.
- Use this scrub once a week.
When you need a good exfoliator to buff off all those dead skin cells, your regular coffee grounds make a smart choice.
Coffee grounds help eliminate dead skin and support your body’s production of new skin cells. Moreover, the flavonols in the coffee grounds help improve skin texture, repair damaged skin and maintain a glowing complexion.
- Mix together 3 tablespoons of coffee grounds, 1 tablespoon of either extra-virgin olive oil or almond oil, 1 tablespoon of organic honey, and 1 tablespoon of fine sugar.
- Massage the paste over your face, neck, knees and elbows using gentle, circular motions.
- Then, let it sit on your skin for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with warm water and gently pat dry your skin.
- Use this scrub once a week.
Almonds are a great way to pamper your skin. They are rich in antioxidant vitamins A and E. Plus, they contain healthy fats that help maintain healthy and younger-looking skin.
- Soak 10 almonds in water overnight. For better results, soak the almonds in milk.
- The next morning, peel off their skin and grind the almonds into a granular paste.
- Mix in 2 teaspoons of honey.
- Apply this paste on your face and neck.
- Rub it in circular motion for a couple of minutes, then let it dry on your skin for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse your face with lukewarm water.
- Use this almond and honey face scrub 2 or 3 times a week.
6. Orange Peels
After eating oranges, do not throw away the peels. Instead dry the peels in the sunlight for a few days, then grind them into a powder form that you can use in your skin-care routine.
The slightly abrasive nature of the powder works as a natural exfoliating agent. It can help remove dirt and dead skin cells from your skin.
Plus, its rich antioxidant and vitamin C content help rejuvenate your skin, making it appear young and vibrant.
- Mix equal amounts of orange peel powder and plain yogurt to form a smooth paste.
- Apply it on your face and neck area.
- Allow it to sit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- With wet hands, gently rub off the paste using circular motions.
- Repeat once a week.
If you like these home remedies to get rid of dead skin cells , share this post and leave a comment .