Are you battling bad breath? Worry no more! Mixing up some common kitchen ingredients is all you need to do to read this homemade mouth freshener for bad breath.
A good mouth freshener can alleviate this problem anytime.
While it is easy to just buy one from the market, the high prices for small quantities are ridiculous.
You can prepare your own homemade mouth freshener with your kitchen ingredients at your disposal. Plus, making one yourself at home offers the following benefits:
- It’s inexpensive: With all the kitchen ingredients put to use, your homemade mouth freshener will not be more than a fraction of the cost of commercial products.
- No preservatives or chemicals: Preparing a mouth freshener at home rids you of all the artificial sweeteners, preservatives, dyes and other chemicals in commercial products.
- You get to choose your own ingredients: A homemade mouth freshener allows you to experiment. You can choose from among your favorite quality ingredients and come up with a few effective mixtures that you like the most.
So, spend a little time this Sunday and treat yourself to a homemade mouth freshener.
Homemade Mouth Freshener to Get Rid of Bad BreathThings
- Fennel seeds – ¼ cup
- Coriander seeds – ¼ cup
- White sesame seeds – ¼ cup
- Dried ginger powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cinnamon powder – 1 teaspoon
- Clove powder – ½ teaspoon
- Cardamom seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Carom seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Dried coconut shreds – as per your taste
- Flaxseeds – 1 tablespoon
- Melon seeds – 2 tablespoons
- Sugar candy (also called misri) – as per your taste
1. Dry roast fennel seeds in a skillet on low heat for 5 minutes and set aside.
2. Dry roast coriander seeds for 3 to 4 minutes and add them to the roasted fennel seeds.
3. Dry roast white sesame seeds for 5 minutes and fuse in the mixture.
4. Dry roast melon seeds and blend into the mixture.
5. Next, dry roast coconut shreds on low heat until golden brown and add to the mixture.
6. Dry roast flaxseeds on low heat for 6 to 7 minutes or until they start spluttering, then add them.
7. Dry roast carom seeds for 3 to 4 minutes and add to the mixture.
8. Mix all the ingredients together.
9. Blend in cardamom seeds.
10. Add dried ginger powder.
11. Add clove.
12. Add cinnamon powder and mix the ingredients.
13. Mix in the sugar candy.
ou can store your homemade mouth freshener in an airtight container for up to 6 months. Keep the container in a cool, dry place.