Apple cider vinegar, though known for its medicinal properties against common cold, pneumonia, sore throat, etc., is also one of the most useful home remedies for blood pressure fluctuations.
Apple Cider Vinegar For Regulating Blood Pressure
1. Apple Cider Vinegar For High Blood Pressure
The blood vessels distribute blood to all parts of our body. The force with which the blood flows in the arteries and veins creates a pressure against their walls. High blood pressure or hypertension is caused when this flow of blood exceeds the normal limit and creates more pressure against the walls of the veins and arteries.
Here’s how apple cider vinegar works in lowering high blood pressure:
a. Lowers Blood Cholesterol
Bad cholesterol leads to fat deposit on the walls of the blood vessels, which hampers the blood flow through the blood vessels . Researchers have now scientifically proven that apple cider vinegar lowers the bad cholesterol in the blood, which, in turn, helps to keep the blood pressure in check .
b. Lowers Risk Of Type II Diabetes
Excess sugar intake and insulin’s inability to take up glucose from the body to metabolize sugar lead to high blood glucose levels in the body. This, eventually, leads to one of the world’s most dreaded diseases, type II diabetes. Diabetes affects the blood vessels by hardening them, making it tough for the heart to pump blood through the blood vessels . A study has found that apple cider vinegar is beneficial in reducing the blood sugar levels in our body .
c. Acts As A Detoxifier
It is an excellent detoxifier. It is a good source of vitamins and minerals that are essential for building the body’s immunity.It scavenges harmful oxygen radicals that not only speed up aging but also lead to high blood pressure . Therefore, taking apple cider vinegar on a daily basis will detoxify your body, control your blood pressure, and also give you healthy, glowing skin.
d. Reduces Stress
High levels of serotonin and adrenalin can lead to anxiety attacks. More stress can lead to the beating of the heart at an abnormally faster rate. This can lead to shooting up of blood pressure and can also lead to brain stroke or heart failure.
It is recommended to take one to two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with hot or cold water before every meal every day. It reduces serotonin and adrenalin secretion, hence reducing the risk of getting an anxiety attack.
All the above mentioned factors help to attain a stable or lowered blood pressure. Missing on keeping a check on any of the above points will undeniably shoot up your blood pressure.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar For Low Blood Pressure
It tends to balance the pH of our body. This helps in regulating the natural blood volume. It has minerals such as potassium, magnesium, calcium, etc. that help in blood circulation .
3. How To Prepare Apple Cider Vinegar
It is easy to make at home.
What You Need
- 2-3 apples
What You Need To Do
- Wash the apples properly and cut them into small cubes.
- Put these apple cubes into a wide-mouthed glass jar.
- Pour water into the jar until all the pieces are submerged.
- Cover the jar with a cheesecloth.
- Let it ferment for about 6 months.
- After 6 months, carefully remove the cheesecloth and drain the liquid into another jar. Voila! You have made your first jar of apple cider vinegar.
4. How To Take Apple Cider Vinegar
There are many ways to consume apple cider vinegar:
- Take two or three tablespoons of apple cider vinegar with warm water.
- If you are not comfortable taking apple cider vinegar as it is, you can consume it in the form of pills or capsules.
- It may cause acidity. If you suffer from acidity, mix apple cider vinegar with a teaspoon of baking soda. The baking soda will reduce the acidity of the vinegar. Drink it by mixing it with cold water.
- You may also incorporate apple cider vinegar into your daily diet by adding it while cooking. This will also add to the taste and flavor of your food.
- It is best to take apple cider vinegar early in the morning. You can have it with a glass of warm water or you may take it with honey and lemon juice.
- To alleviate low blood pressure, mix one teaspoon apple cider vinegar with half glass warm water. Rub it lightly on your arms, shoulder, chest, stomach, legs, back, and feet.
To get the best result for lowering blood pressure, it is best to consume apple cider vinegar in some form every day. Also, it is highly recommended that you consult your doctor before you start using it.
It is easy to prepare at home, and if taken in the right amount, it will help those suffering from high and low blood pressure. Let us know if you see any difference in your blood pressure levels after using apple cider vinegar by commenting in the box below.