Excess facial hair is a touchy subject for many women. Many dealing with it might even struggle with low self-esteem or a feeling of inadequacy.
Almost everybody has some hair on their facial skin. While for some it may not be a problem, the hair may be darker and coarser for others, prompting them to look for ways to get rid of it.
Although facial hair is usually found on the upper lip, sideburns, chin and along the jawline, some people may even have hair on their cheeks, which causes major embarrassment and emotional distress.
Though hair does protect the body by providing insulation, excess hair can often ruin a person’s otherwise perfect look. So, if you are among those with lots of facial hair, fret not!
Here’s the solution – two simple remedies that you can choose from according to your preference to get rid of unwanted facial hair quick and easy.
Method 1: Use Homemade Sugar Wax
Homemade sugar wax is an effective remedy that will not only wax away your unwanted hair, but also works like bleach.
While the sugar acts as an excellent exfoliant, the lemon juice in the recipe works as a cleansing and bleaching agent to clean away impurities. Honey helps soften your hair with its amazing hydrating and moisturizing properties.
Things you’ll need:
- Sugar – 3 tablespoons
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Lemon juice – 1 teaspoon
Step 1. Put sugar and honey in a bowl
- Put 3 tablespoons of sugar in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of honey on top of the sugar.
Step 2. Microwave the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes
- Microwave the mixture for 2 to 3 minutes, making sure that the sugar dissolves completely.
Step 3. Mix in lemon juice
- Trickle a few drops of lemon juice into the melted mixture and stir thoroughly.
Alternatively, you can microwave the mixture for another 2 minutes until the ingredients blend well.
Step 4. Allow the mixture to cool before using
- The mixture is in a molten state and requires cooling before use. Spread out the mixture evenly on an aluminum sheet or a dish, and allow it to cool at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- When the mixture is still warm, apply it on the areas with unwanted hair growth.
- Place a waxing strip over the mixture, press it down and pull it off in the direction of the hair growth to get rid of unwanted hair. This is painful, but it’s one of the most effective treatments for unwanted hair.
You can store the leftover wax in an airtight container for future use. It should keep for up to 1 month.
Method 2: Use Corn Flour, Egg and Sugar
Egg white works as an excellent natural peel-off mask for getting rid of unwanted facial hair. Once it dries, it turns into a hard, sticky mass that is easy to pull off. And as you pull it off, the hair clinging to the mask easily comes off along with it.
Sugar is an excellent exfoliator for your skin and helps remove dead skin cells, thus making the skin look fresh and rejuvenated along with clearing away impurities!
Things you’ll need:
- Corn flour – ½ tablespoon
- Egg – 1
- Sugar – 1 tablespoon
Step 1. Break an egg and extract the egg white
- Break 1 egg and separate the egg white into a bowl.
Step 2. Blend in sugar and corn flour
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ tablespoon of corn flour to the egg white.
Step 3. Whisk the ingredients together and use
- Whisk or beat the mixture until there are no lumps and it forms a smooth paste.
- Apply this as a mask on your face and leave it to dry for 20 minutes. As the egg white dries, it forms a thick mask on your face.
- Gently peel off the mask using firm hands so that the hairs also get pulled out.
Use the treatment 3 or 4 times a week for effective results.