If you are looking for a fad diet plan that will help you lose weight real quick, water fasting is the best way to go about it. You can lose up to 14 pounds (6 Kgs) in just 10 days.
The concept of water fasting has been prevalent since ancient times when human beings did not know how to hunt or grow crops. Water was one of the primary energy providers and health tonics for human beings back then. Humans can stay alive and fit for days on just water. Applying the same philosophy today, water fasting not only helps you to lose weight but also improves your health in numerous ways.
To get the best advice on how to start water fasting and how to break your fast, read on.
Water Fasting To Lose Weight
1. What Is Water Fasting?
Water fasting involves drinking 1-2 liters of water per day for five days. Doing this will give your body a chance to rejuvenate itself and flush out toxins that have been building up in the body for a long time. The most important aspect of water fasting is that your brain will be more alert and you will become super focused on what you do. You may feel tired and need to sleep more. But overall, it will show good results, provided you do it properly, with the help of your physician or dietitian. Also, it is important to understand that not all bodies have the same stress coping ability. Therefore, it is up to you whether you want to undertake water fast when you are on a sabbatical or while you are working or going to school.A pre-fast and post-fast phase is necessary. Slowly reduce food intake before the actual water fast and then again gradually re-introduce food after the water fast is completed. Sudden water fasting or breaking the fast suddenly will harm your body and can even kill you.
2. How Does Water Fasting Help In Weight Loss?
For the first two days during your water fasting phase, all you lose is the water weight. The fats start to burn from the 3rd day of water fasting phase. When you stop eating, your digestive system stops working. Your body slows down, except the brain and the heart. The stored fat is now broken down to provide energy for all involuntary and voluntary functions of the body. Water helps to get rid of the toxins and any waste present in the colon. This further helps you to lose a good chunk of weight. All this coupled with the right amount of daily exercise (depending on the body type and the body’s current activity level) will help you to lose a considerable amount of flab.
If you own a home, you should read this. Thousands with VA benefits have done this. Do this now before your next mortgage payment…
3. 10 Days Water Fasting Plan For Weight Loss (With Diet Charts)
To make sure that you get the most out of this fast, I have divided the fasting period into 3 phases. The first phase or the pre-fasting phase lasts for 2 days, allowing your body to consume less and less solid foods and making your body more comfortable with “liquid only” diet. The second phase or the water fasting phase is the toughest of all, but by the time you complete this phase, I assure you that you will feel like a new person. Drink neither less nor too much of water. Drinking less water can make you dehydrated and drinking more water can flush out all the salts from your body, which can prove to be fatal. Drink about 1-2 liters of water per day during the water fasting phase. The last phase of breaking the fast is crucial. You have to gradually re-introduce the solid foods or any other liquid food (juices or soup) over a period of three days. Eating fruits and veggies in the first and third phases will provide your body with enough vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber to survive the water fasting phase as well as for recuperating from the fast.
4. Other Benefits Of Water Fasting
It is tough to believe, but yes, water fasting can improve your overall health. Here is a list of the benefits.
- Helps you to lose weight.
- Water fasting has proven to be beneficial for those who are suffering from hypertension (1).
- It will help reboot your body .
- Since water flushes out all the toxins, your skin becomes smoother.
- Water fasting can also help you sleep better. When your body is denied of any nutrition, it will be impossible to be awake for long hours. Sleep helps us to have a better memory and less tension and anxiety.
- Your digestion is improved significantly.
- Extra unwanted toxins in your colon get cleansed.
- Water fasting can eliminate or decrease muscle pain, joint pains, and headaches.
- Food and drink can cause a lot of harm to your teeth and gums. Water fasting can help you get healthier gums and teeth.
- It can also improve blood circulation.
- You can get a healthier cardiovascular system.
- It helps build lean muscle.
5. Side Effects Of Water Fasting
- Drinking more than 2 liters of water per day can be fatal.
- You may feel weak and tired all the time.
- Working out too much can cause you to faint.
- Your body will lose lean muscle.
- There is a risk that your heart muscles may become weak.
- It can damage other organs if extended beyond 10 days.
- This can be harmful to pregnant women, children, and teens.
Hope this water fasting will help you to lose weight in no time. Do write to us and let us know how much weight you lost and what obstacles came your way by commenting in the box below.