Even if we go through a lot of ailmens, we are not fully aware about the importance of physical health .
Why do you think that physical health within that case?
Mostly because no one takes physical health very seriously. People empty their baggage and responsibility on their natural environment and blame everything but themselves for their failing health. But the truth is that no matter who you blame for it, it is you who has to take steps to improve your own health.
So why should we worry about our physical health?
Firstly, by staying fit and healthy you can experience increased concentration and focus. A healthy mind resides in a healthy body. If you have a stomach ache today and an assignment due tomorrow, all your energy will go into worrying and being upset about the ache and you won’t be able to concentrate on the assignment.
You can increase savings! Believe it or not, staying healthy can save you a lot of money. You won’t have to pay big medical bills or spend a lot of money on medicines.
All of that money can go into the bank or into investments to double it up for you!
It will be easier for you to train. If you are an office-goer and have recently found a new job, you will realise that if you are healthy it is going to be easy for you to train yourself for the new job. If you go with a cold during your training weeks you will retain lesser than you would otherwise.
You will take less leaves from office. Since you will be able to dedicate more time to your work, it will improve your efficiency. This means that you will be able to the same amount of work in a shorter period of time and that will soon increase your chances for a promotion.
We have looked at various benefits of staying fit. Now let’s see how we can actually achieve this.
• Exercise– as you must already know, exercise is the key to living a healthy life. Your body needs some movement or routine that will burn all the unwanted fats and carbohydrates. You don’t have to be slim, you have to be healthy and maintain your genetic figure,
• Water- water is your best friend. A majority of our body is made of water. It is the best cleanser there could be. You have to keep yourself hydrated at all times so that you can fight diseases and viruses of any kind.
• Eat right- eating right doesn’t mean you completely avoid junk food. It only means you eat in proportion. Everything you eat, fruits, vegetables, dairy foods, fried food etc., must be consumed in certain amounts. Over eating anything can have negative effects on your body.
Eating locally grown produce is extremely important, whenever you are eating something that has been imported, it has over the transit time lost most of its nutrients and is no good.
• Stay clean- you must be thinking why someone would ask you to stay clean when they are talking about physical health. But the outside of your body is as important as what is inside. If you don’t keep your skin clean it can get rashes, irritation, bugs and what not. These external ailments can also affect you mentally & internally.
• Sleep- it is very important for your body to get the rest it deserves and needs. When you are sleeping your body rejuvenates for another day filled with activities and keeps you from falling ill very often.
It is very important for us to be in tune with our body and listen to what it has to say. It has its own unique ways of telling us if it is feeling good or bad and when it needs something from us. Our bodies strive every day to keep up with our busy lives, in exchange it is our duty to make sure our physical health is of prime importance to us.